Wednesday, May 4, 2011

May 1 announcements

Sunday, May 1, 2011             

Relief Society Announcements:

Happy Birthday:  May 1st: Leslie Bishop
Many of us are trying to save ourselves, holding the Atonement of Jesus Christ at arm’s distance and saying, “When I’ve done it, when I’ve perfected myself, when I’ve made myself worthy—then I’ll be worthy of the Atonement. Then I will allow him in.” We cannot do it. That’s like saying, “When I am well, I’ll take the medicine. I’ll be worthy of it then.” That’s not how it was designed to work.
In mortality, perfection comes to us only through the Atonement of Christ. We cannot achieve it ourselves. We must become one with the Lord, who is a perfect being. (Stephen E. Robinson)

Be sure to mark on your calendar Tues. May 3, 6:30 at the stake center.  We will be having a mother and daughter Luau.  It will be a lot of fun so make sure you plan to come with your daughters and granddaughters. Remember to bring a tuna can for each person coming for the dessert.

We will be calling the visiting teachers who have a change in their championship and who you visit. There aren’t a lot of changes. If you don’t get a call no changes are made. Those who had Barbara Bunting and Rolayne Nelson as supervisors please call Connie until we can get new ones.  As soon as the new ones are called we will be sending out slips to every one. 

Thanks for all you do and the Compassionate Service you give to each other. 
We Love Each of You. 

No comments:

Post a Comment